Welcome to the Ocean County College ILL Page!
Ocean County College Library provides Interlibrary Loan Services for OCC and Kean@Ocean faculty, staff, and students. If the library does not own or have access to a particular item, you may be able to request the item from another library. The majority of the time we are able to obtain requested items, but in some instances (a rare book for example) it may not be possible. All Interlibrary Loan items are subject to copyright restrictions. Please read the copyright restriction disclaimer.
Interlibrary Loan Guidelines
- Check the Library Catalog to see if the Ocean County College Library already owns a copy of the desired item. Your Interlibrary Loan Request will NOT be processed if the library owns the requested item.
- Check the list of Full Text Journals to see if the library has online access to the desired journal. Journals available in print may be located in the Library Catalog.
- Due to copyright laws, the library can only request 5 articles from the same publication (within its last 5 years of print) per calendar year.
- A Reference Librarian may be able to assist you if you are unsure how to locate a particular item. The Reference Desk is located on the library’s main floor and may be reached at 732-255-0400, ex. 2287
- Patrons must have an up to date student ID card or faculty/employee ID card.
- Non-students/non-employees cannot request Interlibrary loan materials.
- Requests must be made for a specific item. We cannot search for an item by subject or keyword. The more specific the better.
- We do not loan media materials. This includes: DVDs, CDs, and Video Recordings.
- Due dates are set by the lending library. (ILL staff member will set the due date as one week before the lending library's due date to allow the material to be returned on time.)
- Renewals must be made on or before the due date shown on the item.
- Renewals may be denied by the lending library. An ILL staff member will contact the patron regarding the due date of a denied renewal request.
- Borrowed items are returned to the lending library in a timely fashion once they reach the ILL department.
- The patron is responsible for any damage caused to ILL materials while in their possession. Damage fees are under determiniation of the lending library.
- Patrons are not responsible for any items lost once they have been checked in by library staff.
Kean@Ocean patrons may request materials from the main Kean (Union) campus to be sent to the OCC Library. Simply access their request form and fill in the requested information. Please note: this request form is only for items owned by the Kean Library system.