This general business career preparation curriculum is designed to qualify students for entry-level positions in business, nonprofit organizations and government organizations. Graduates can expect to find employment as a bookkeeper, manager in retailing, office manager, bank teller/loan officer trainee, sales/marketing person, and small business owner.
Students will complete the Business Core Requirements, General Education
Requirements and enough elective courses to acquire 64 credits and earn the Associate in Applied Science degree in Business.
The A.A.S. Business degree is designed as a career, not transfer, program.
- ACCT161 Principles of Accounting I (3 cr)
- ACCT162 Principles of Accounting II (3 cr)
- CSIT123 Integrated Office Software (3 cr)
- ECON151 Macroeconomic Principles (3 cr)
- ECON152 Microeconomics Principles (3 cr)
- ENGL151 English I (3 cr)
- ENGL152 English II (3 cr)
- BUSN131 Introduction to Business Administration (3 cr)
- BUSN134 Principles of Marketing (3 cr)
- BUSN151 Introduction to Human Resource Management (3 cr)
- BUSN210 Business Communications (3 cr)
- BUSN215 Integrated Software Applications (3 cr)
- BUSN220 Career Management and Professional Behav (3 cr)
- BUSN251 Business Law I (3 cr)
- BUSN252 Business Law II (3 cr)
- BUSN271 Principles of Management (3 cr)
1 of the following 2 Communications courses is required:
- Lab Science Gen. Ed. Requirement (4 credits): Courses satisfying this requirement must be taken from the list of Approved General Education Lab Science courses (course type: GSCL).
- Mathematics Gen Ed (3 credits): Courses satisfying this requirement must be taken from the list of Approved General Education Mathematics courses (course type: GMAT).
- BUSINESS PROGRAM ELECTIVES (6 credits): ACCT-121 Fundamentals of Accounting (3 cr) BUSN-132 Business Calculations (3 cr) BUSN-170 Small Business Management (3 cr) BUSN-270 Principles of Advertising (3 cr) BUSN-272 Principls of Investments (3 cr) BUSN-275 Principles of Finance (3 cr) BUSN-291 International Business (3 cr) HUMN-210 Leadership and the Humanities (3 cr) LAAW-108 Introduction to Employment Law (3 cr)
For more information contact Chris Bottomley at email@example.com or 732-255-0400 Ext. 2996.