The Fire Science Certificate is designed to prepare students for a career in the fire service or to enhance the knowledge and skills of individuals already working or volunteering as fire fighters. The courses carry full college credit which can be applied toward the AS in Public Service degree program.
- ENGL151 English I (3 cr)
- FIRE151 Principles of Fire Protection (3 cr)
- FIRE152 Fire Service Construction Principles (3 cr)
- FIRE153 Fire Dept Organization and Management (3 cr)
- FIRE154 Fire Fighting Tatics and Strategy (3 cr)
- FIRE251 Fire Service Hydraulics (3 cr)
- FIRE254 Elements of Arson Investigation (3 cr)
- FIRE255 Fire Prevention and Inspection I (3 cr)
- FIRE256 Fire Prevention and Inspection II (3 cr)
1 of the following 2 Math Requirement courses is required:
For more information contact Maureen Alexander at email@example.com or 732-255-0400 Ext. 2188.