The A.S. in Homeland Security provides students with a broad understanding of safety and security issues, including terrorism, natural and man-made disasters, and emergency management. The program focuses on prevention and protection, preparedness and response, information sharing and analysis, and research and technology.
- COMM154 Fundamentals of Public Speaking (3 cr)
- ENGL151 English I (3 cr)
- ENGL152 English II (3 cr)
- HLSC170 Introduction to Homeland Security (3 cr)
- HLSC171 Fundamentals of Emergency Management (3 cr)
- HLSC172 Domestic and International Terrorism (3 cr)
- HLSC173 Introduction to Security (3 cr)
- HLSC174 Introduction to the Intelligence Function (3 cr)
- HLSC201 Organizational Integration and Management (3 cr)
- HLSC210 Risk Management and Analysis (3 cr)
- POLI263 Introduction to International Relations (3 cr)
- MATH156 Introduction to Statistics (3 cr)
1 of the following 2 Comp/Info Literacy courses is required:
- Lab Science Gen. Ed. Requirement (4 credits): Courses satisfying this requirement must be taken from the list of Approved General Education Lab Science courses (course type: GSCL).
- Social Science Gen Ed (3 credits): Courses satisfying this requirement must be taken from the list of Approved General Education Social Science courses (course type: GSOC).
- Additional General Education Requirement (3 credits): Courses satisfying this requirement must be taken from the list of Approved General Education courses for communication (GCOM), mathematics (GMAT), lab science (GSCL), technological competency or information literacy (GTEC), social science (GSOC), humanities (GHUM), history (GHIS) or diversity (GDIV).
- History General Education (3 credits): Courses satisfying this requirements must be taken from the list of Approved General Education History courses (course type: GHIS). Selection should be based upon the requirements of the four-year institution.
- Electives (to meet the required 64 credits): 6 credits Developmental courses may not be used to satisfy this requirement.
For more information contact Steven Gerding at firstname.lastname@example.org or 732-255-0400 Ext. 2548.