Welcome to the Ocean County College ILL Page!
If you come across an item you need for research and the OCC Library does not own it, request it through our Interlibrary Loan (ILL) service. Ocean County College Library provides Interlibrary Loan Services for OCC and Kean@Ocean faculty, staff, and students. Interlibrary Loan (ILL) offers our patrons access to materials from thousands of other public and academic libraries across the country.
The majority of the time we are able to obtain requested items - books and articles have the highest success rate - but in some instances (a rare book for example) it may not be possible. Most institutions do not lend reference books, microfilm, or archival materials. Some libraries will lend videos and DVDs. All Interlibrary Loan items are subject to copyright restrictions. Please read the copyright restriction disclaimer.
Interlibrary Loan Guidelines
- Check the Library Catalog to see if the Ocean County College Library already owns a copy of the desired item. Your Interlibrary Loan Request will NOT be processed if the library owns the requested item.
- Check the list of Full Text Journals to see if the library has online access to the desired journal. Journals available in print may be located in the Library Catalog.
- Due to copyright laws, the library can only request 5 articles from the same publication (within its last 5 years of print) per calendar year.
- A Reference Librarian may be able to assist you if you are unsure how to locate a particular item. The Reference Desk is located on the library’s main floor and may be reached at 732-255-0400, ex. 2287
- Patrons must have an up to date student ID card or faculty/employee ID card.
- Non-students/non-employees cannot request Interlibrary loan materials. Patrons from the Ocean County community are encouraged to contact their local public library for ILL services.
- Requests must be made for a specific item. We cannot search for an item by subject or keyword. The more specific the better.
- Due dates are set by the lending library.
- Renewals must be made on or before the due date shown on the item.
- Renewals may be denied by the lending library. An ILL staff member will contact the patron regarding the due date of a denied renewal request.
- Your borrowed items are to be returned to the Ocean County College Library circulation desk in a timely fashion.
- The patron is responsible for any damage caused to ILL materials while in their possession. Damage fees are under determination of the lending library.
- Patrons are not responsible for any items lost once they have been checked in by library staff.
Kean@Ocean patrons may also request materials from the main Kean (Union) campus to be sent to the OCC Library. Simply access their request form and fill in the requested information. Please note: this request form is only for items owned by the Kean Library system.