Testing Center TEAS Procedures
Revised July 2017
TEAS Testing guidelines set forth by the School of Nursing and Health Sciences are as follows:
- Students must take and pass the ATI TEAS test in order to receive a date of completion.
- It is recommended that students take the ATI TEAS test when they are finished with their general education requirements.
- Students can take the TEAS test a maximum of three (3) times:
- Initial test: First time
- Students can purchase the TEAS test study guide from ATI
- Retest 1: Students are required to enroll in (and complete) the TEAS Prep course CEHS-332 prior to taking the test a second time
- Retest 2: Students have a mandatory 6-week waiting period prior to taking the test for the third time
- Initial test: First time
- There is a mandatory 2-year waiting period for students to test again if they fail three (3) times. This includes testing which may have occurred at other testing sites for all program types.
- These guidelines apply to all prospective OCC ASN Degree Nursing students.
- We will only accept TEAS scores for tests taken at OCC. Students cannot transfer in TEAS scores from other testing facilities.
- A passing score is based on the student cut score set by the School of Nursing and Health Sciences and can be changed without notification.
It is the responsibility of the Testing Center to ensure all students adhere to these testing timelines.
The Testing Center offers TEAS tests on Wednesdays at 4:00PM and on Fridays at 9:00AM. The Testing Center can seat up to 12 students per session.
- EFFECTIVE JANUARY 4, 2016, the fee for this test is $98.50, payable at the time of test registration by credit or debit card.
- Space limitations, computer availability and TEAS administration processes prevent us from expanding our TEAS testing schedule at this time.
- The Testing Center reserves the right to change this schedule at any time in order to best meet the needs of the entire college community.
- Students need to make appointments and pay for the TEAS test online at go.ocean.edu/test. Examinees will need the following information to compete their online TEAS test appointment:
1. OCC Student ID Number
2. Identify if this is the first, second, or third attempt
- Appointments and any changes to these appointments must be made at least 48 hours in advance of the desired appointment date.
- We cannot accept walk-ins for TEAS tests.
- We cannot offer stand-by appointments.
- Students who require extra testing time or any other testing accommodation in connection with documented 504 Plans at OCC must contact Jamie Prioli, Adaptive Services Specialist—ext. 2465, at least 5 days prior to their desired test date.
- We do not have the capacity to keep a waiting list, and we cannot call students to notify them about openings as a result of cancellations.
- Students are welcome to check online for cancellations.
- Students are welcome to call us to check for cancellations.
- We will do our best to return all phone calls within our normal 24-hour/next business day policy.
The Testing Center will verify the following information on test day:
- the examinee is in the system as an OCC student and verify OCC ID
- two forms of ID—one current, valid photo ID and one to verify signature
- the student’s testing status: first time or retest (check for any prior scores)
- for first retest (second attempt), completion of TEAS Prep course (CEHS-
- for third attempt, completion of TEAS Prep course (CEHS-332) and the 6- week mandatory waiting period following the second attempt
- verify the two year waiting period is fulfilled before scheduling any students who have already tested three times
If we find that any of these requirements not are met, we cannot administer your test, and you will forfeit your test administration fee.
Please note: Because of space limitations, the Testing Center cannot guarantee that we will be able to schedule everyone in time to meet application deadlines which may be imposed by the School of Nursing, especially for dates closest to those deadlines. All we can do is offer the next available appointment. Students will be referred to the School of Nursing for additional information.